Re: SSH preferences

Quoting Tighe Schlottog <emry@icephyre.net>:

> I have this same thing, but I have set it up like this, each different
> type gets a unique userid and password.  I have a masterlist of usernames
> pinned on the wall at home and stored a couple other places.

This is a good idea.  I used it at one time, but ditched it because all of my
usernames and crap followed a certain pattern.  Probably one a whole lot of
people know about...

> if you follow the old school unix userid and password system, you should
> be ok.  most of my userid's at 8 char long and the passwords at the same.

Read the email I had sent... yes.

> /me loads a gun and gets the car....

Nuhuh, Tighe.  /me freezes Tighe into a block of ice.

> YOU SEE THE APPEAL OF A MASS TRACKING SYSTEM IN WHICH THEY CAN CUSTOM
> TAILOR EVERYTHING TO YOUR NEED THUS ROBBING YOU OF ANY CHOICE?!?!

Reminds me more of NT.  Passport is kind of like that little tracking device
they implant into your brain that allows the Borg at Redmond to destroy you with
a few mouseclicks in some dialog boxes.  *boom!*

Once you go Unix, you won't go back.  Even if there aren't pretty pictures.

> sorry.  i hate things like that.  i live the by the phrase, "if it wasn't
> painful to do, keep trying new things until it is."

In essence, it says, "If you aren't already a masochist, make yourself one."

Mmm... yummy.  Fleisch...  /me chews on his arm.

--
Nate Reindl, demented ..thing with dualhead on desk and serverfarm in closet.