php question

Ok so I've decided to do this login page in php (what a cool language),
but I've ran into one problem, when redirecting the user after
validating their password and setting up their session I can't get a
variable to be replaced in the header location function (the one used to
send the browser to a different place), does anyone have any clues as to
how to get a variable in there so when the user name is bobkat that it
changes www.cuinc.org/test/123/$username/testing.html to
www.cuinc.org/test/123/bobkat/testing.html, the format of my php
function is:
Header( 'Location: http://63.68.97.19/test/123/$username/testing.html');

Now if I hard code the bobkat in there where $username is it will work
just perfectly, and yes I've double checked the $username variable, it
is set, I have also tried putting quotes around the variable with no
avail, I keep getting the message "test/123/$username/testing.html" file
not found, this is how I derive that it's not placing the value of the
variable in the variable

this is the one thing I have left to get working in order for me to have
momentary bliss, any help you be heavily appreciated, thank you

Bob T. Kat

I keep telling myself that I am a pathological liar, but I am not sure
if I believe it.