Re: odd mount situation

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 09:58:05PM -0500, john doe wrote:
> other than i am going to have to recompile my kernel for ntfs support, how
> would i go about mounting a striped volume?

The odds of that working are about 0, AFAIK.

> the volume in question is an ntfs

NTFS on Linux is pretty broken, at best.  (In all fairness to the
developers, it's not like M$ provides any documentation.)

> software raid0

That's 100% OS-dependent then.

> made by windows xp

Yikes.  Not asking for much, are we?  :-)

Seriously, M$ has been making incompatible (and I already mentioned
undocumented) changes to NTFS in every new version of Windows, so
don't expect anything like this to work for a long, long time...

> all my music is on this partition :\

May I suggest finding a tape drive, another big disk, or some other
way of copying the stuff off?