From: silug-discuss-owner@silug.org
[mailto:silug-discuss-owner@silug.org]On Behalf Of John Bell
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 12:29 AM
To: silug-discuss@silug.org
Subject: Re: accounts

If you're just retiring one box and replacing it with another and you're
not using nis, or kerberos, etc you could do the following.

Copy /home from machine a to machine b.
Copy /etc/passwd from a to b
Copy /etc/group from a to b
Copy /etc/shadow from a to b (if you're using shadow passwords)

This works fine, I've done this many times in the past for standard *nix
systems.

John