Re: dumb question

Hrm.  This scares me now.  Well, it is aliased, and I just didn't realize
it.  I use an old .bash_profile that was what I used in college, and I
have no idea why I would have aliased this stuff.  Here's what it says:

alias +='pushd .'
alias -='popd'

The man page for the two builtins above says:

BASH BUILTIN COMMANDS
       Unless otherwise noted, each builtin command documented in
       this section as accepting options preceded by - accepts --
       to signify the end of the options.
       : [arguments]
              No effect; the command does nothing beyond  expand­
              ing arguments and performing any specified redirec­
              tions.  A zero exit code is returned.

Strange....

Koree
____________________________________
Koree A. Smith  | Ameth Technologies
koree@koree.net | koree@ameth.org
     http://www.koree.net/

I was walkin' down the street,
when I thought I heard this voice say,
"Say, ain't we walkin' down the same street,
together on the very same day",
And I said,
"Hey senorita, that's astute", I said,
"Why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute"