Re: New install of rh 7.3

On Tuesday 25 June 2002 11:07 am, you wrote:
A real dumb question and maybe I'm not seeing the bigger picture but...
If you didn't install LILO why do you need to edit lilo.conf? Use the Win2K
boot manager. Isn't that what RedHat recommends for dual booting with WinNT?
And yes I think that running /sbin/lilo will create lilo.conf in /etc but if
there is no lilo in the MBR it won't work. If you use the Win2K boot manager
you don't need  or want LILO. I'm confused, yes?

I think mkbootdisk <kernel name> may be what you want if you're talking about
the bootdisk.

As a side, trash the W2K partiton and install GRUB

Steve
After one too many Chinaco's. Neener, neener, neener!