Re: apt trick

On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 10:09:10PM -0500, mike808 wrote:
> Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any "package-specific options"
> ability for either apt or RPM. While removing the docs for some of the
> software I never use, I am interested in keeping *some* of it.

That would be a problem.  I suppose you could comment and uncomment
the line in apt.conf as appropriate.  It'd be a pain, but it would
work.

On the box I was working on when I thought of that, I really couldn't
care less if I have any docs, compilers, or much of anything else that
makes the system usable.  That's not its purpose.  That made it an
easy decision...

Unfortunately, when I thought of that, I had just finished upgrading
everything (except two packages) to Red Hat 7.3, so it'll take a while
to get rid of the excess.