Re: apt trick

On Sunday 23 June 2002 07:16 pm, you wrote:
> That still doesn't help with existing packages, but as you upgrade
> things, the documentation will magically disappear, and disk space
> will magically reappear.  :-)

It's close to what I wanted. I just ditched loads of the "-devel" packages
(rpm -qa | grep devel ) and freed up a bunch.

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any "package-specific options"
ability for either apt or RPM. While removing the docs for some of the
software I never use, I am interested in keeping *some* of it.

It's all a process. I'm patient.

Mike808/
--
() Join the ASCII ribbon campaign against HTML email and Microsoft-specific
/\ attachments. If I wanted to read HTML, I would have visited your website!