Dualhead with the ATI Radeon 8500 under X11

Alright.  It's been a while since I asked for help or advice on a certain topic
here, so I just thought I'd bring up the idea of doing dualhead on the newly-
ish supported Radeon 8500.  Almost everything works except full 3D
acceleration, so I know dualhead is a feasible task, whether trivial or not.

Somewhere down the line, Steve will bring up the point that 3D acceleration (or
something similar) isn't possible at all while using xinerama.  Yes, I already
know this, but there isn't really anything on the box I'd really want to use
that deals with such a thing.  I'd mostly be doing development, graphics work,
web design, and other useless-crap-not-worth-mentioning on it, so... yeah.  You
get the general idea already.

(BTW, I'm not a non-gamer.  Heh.  I actually do play a pretty mean game of
Quake, though I do prefer the gameplay of a few Half-Life mods (*cough*Counter-
Strike*coughcough*) to it.  Is /liking/ to follow directions a sad thing?)

Flame me, RTFM me, or even make me bounce around in moon boots.  I don't care.

--
Nate Reindl  <<  The elusive sysadmin-in-training.  OH GAWD, TEH HRROR!
 '---> email:  go bug reindlnr at apci dot net, will yah?