From: silug-discuss-owner@silug.org
[mailto:silug-discuss-owner@silug.org]On Behalf Of Alan Wilson
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 10:08 PM
To: silug-discuss@silug.org
Subject: Re: hmmmm....

Not really.  The plan is that the school buys a particular collection of
books for the students to read.  These seem to be graded on level and
idfficulty with respect to the student's grade level.  After reading the
book, the student takes an "Accelerated Reader" test at the computer.
Tests are grades; scores are recorded on the server; points are assigned
based on the book and the student score.  After scoring a suitable
number of points, the student receives appropriate rewards.  Many
schools think that this program is a very important incentive for
students to read more.