Re: I got a big disk

On Monday 20 May 2002 10:48 pm, kara@lpi.org wrote:
> Will it let you just create a /boot, /, and swp on the smaller "so called"
> disk, then after the install, create your other partitions and move the
> mount points and such?

Nope. It won't even do the basic install. I tried that too.

> Or, why don't you toss it in your trunk and come over here? Quite frankly
> the trouble shooting would be good target practice for us. We've never had
> a system that couldn't get installed :-)

I should deserve a RH cert out of this. Or at least credit for creating new
questions on the LPI level 2 cert, hehe. :=)

It will probably be this weekend before I can lug that monster tower Steve
sold me over there ... :=)

Besides, he just wants another excuse for me to bring my antennas over to
play with. :=)

Oh, and I want a couple more cages for the MOSLUG'ers meeting which is coming
up in two weeks.

BTW, Linux doesn't like it when you take hda and jumper it to hdb and still
expect things to boot. lilo and fstab are both hosed. Oh well.

Mike808/