Re: rants and rambles

> lpd will not work when you rename localhost to something other than
> localhost. Seems basic but when it can't find a localhost IP it won't print.
> Lesson learned?  Don't do that! I couldn't get my jetdirect to work. I wonder
> why? All is fine now. I can print to my network printer now! YeeHaa!

that is prolly because they are making a gethostbyname() call on localhost
and when it its your /etc/hosts file and can't find localhost it died.

> Webmin is a wonderful tool. I know all you command line only dorks are gonna
> kringe, but I don't care. If I play with it enough I'll finally gain an
> understanding of the file and directory structure and maybe my feeble mind
> will actually recall the locations and contents of all the different config
> files. It's all there at my fingertips. All I need is a table capable browser
> and the URL http://localhost:10000 and the root password and I'm in, even
> from my normal user account. I think it's kinda cool, so there. Found a few
> things that I didn't know were there. OBTW, Webmin will not install correctly
> when localhost isn't there either, hmmmm wonder why? Duh?!

see above answer, prolly applies here too.

any of you see that blues game last night?  you could probably see my
seriously drunk birthday boy butt somewhere in the crowd.  man, that was a
GOOD GAME!  w00t.

tighe

--
Tighe		w00t		blumnky