rants and rambles

Playing this morning I learned several things.

lpd will not work when you rename localhost to something other than
localhost. Seems basic but when it can't find a localhost IP it won't print.
Lesson learned?  Don't do that! I couldn't get my jetdirect to work. I wonder
why? All is fine now. I can print to my network printer now! YeeHaa!

Webmin is a wonderful tool. I know all you command line only dorks are gonna
kringe, but I don't care. If I play with it enough I'll finally gain an
understanding of the file and directory structure and maybe my feeble mind
will actually recall the locations and contents of all the different config
files. It's all there at my fingertips. All I need is a table capable browser
and the URL http://localhost:10000 and the root password and I'm in, even
from my normal user account. I think it's kinda cool, so there. Found a few
things that I didn't know were there. OBTW, Webmin will not install correctly
when localhost isn't there either, hmmmm wonder why? Duh?!

Have any of you found the hidden beer bottle in the latest issue of LJ. For
the proper amount of American coinage I'll tell! 3-D glasses definitely won't
help. (page 93, Crystal Space 3-D article).

I		a
M		d

What is this--^?

----- BEGIN GEEKCODE BLOCK-----
E--- W+ N++ w--- O- M-- PS+ PE Y+ PGP- t- 5 X R-
tv+++ b- DI+++ D G++ e+>+++ h--- z-
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
z-? h---? How odd!