Re: VI Tricks

Kara Pritchard wrote:
> Oh, and in bash, at the command prompt, set -o vi will make your current
> xterm run in vi mode. You can /foo to search for commands you entered with
> 'foo' from your history, jklm through your history file (and words) and
> use standard operators (c, d, etc) on the command line. Very useful when
> you set some environment variable a few hundred commands ago and don't
> want to up arrow lookin for it :-)

However, Yours Truly(tm) has written some code (alas, not GPL) for your
enjoyment. "!+1" and "Esc-J" software are trademarks of mine for patent-pending
software add-ons to the bash shell that I've developed. I have working
prototypes, but I get still get occasionally inconsistent results.
The code pretty much wrote itself once I roughed out the prototype.

Mike808/
--
perl -le "$_='7284254074:0930970:H4012816';tr[0->][ BOPEN!SMUT];print"