possible hardware incompatibility?

hello out there,
	i was wondering if anyone else has been working with gigabit under
linux.  i am working with a newer and an older model of the compaq gigabit
cards that we have around here and here is the problem.  The card will
work for about 1.5 minutes, 118 in the ping count, and then it will no
longer be able to ping.  Now I am wondering if there is some sort of a
problem with the card or what.  Does anyone have an idea?

Tighe

--
Tighe		w00t		blumnky
	"I am anger incarnate."