Re: Router Trouble

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 08:48:16PM -0500 or thereabouts, Singularity[TF] (Eric Peterson) wrote:

> Maybe I wasn't clear -- I'm using DHCP only for Charter's end of the deal --
> they require it.
> I should mess with the Gateways, but there is no point if I can't get cable
> to cooperate, and that was really my question.

I'm still a little confused.. are you using an actual router to connect
the computers together, so that all can talk to each other, and  reach
the net?  If so, you still don't need DHCP, the router will take care of
it.. However, each box will need the gateway address as mentioned. Can
you tell us more of your setup...  The router can be configured in a
browser, and usually they are set up by default to run its own DHCP to
all your boxes automatically, and are easily configured for any kind of
cable or DSL setup, whether static or dynamic IP address from your ISP.

--
Best regards,
Gary