Re: Router Trouble

Maybe I wasn't clear -- I'm using DHCP only for Charter's end of the deal --
they require it.
I should mess with the Gateways, but there is no point if I can't get cable
to cooperate, and that was really my question.

> On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 08:27:04PM -0500 or thereabouts, Singularity[TF]
(Eric Peterson) wrote:
> > Alright.  After much deliberation and several changes of hardware (want
your P90 back, Nate?), I've decided to actually try to set up a router.
Linux recognizes the two ne2k compatible PCI cards (A LinkSys and a NetGear)
and enjoys assigning IP addresses to them.  For testing purposes I pluged
eth1 into my home network and started ping-ing around after setting a couple
of my (ugh) Windoze boxes to 192.168.0.* addies.  (Exact information:  My
computer: 192.168.0.2 / Parents' : 192.168.0.3 / Router : 192.168.0.1 /
Netmask for all: 255.255.255.0)  I cannot be pinged on the internal network,
nor can I ping.  Granted that the two Windoze boxes cannot ping each other,
either.  (sighs)  Anyways, I plugged the crossover cable from the cable
modem (another sigh).  I restart (because I can), login as root and
/sbin/ifconfig eth0 up.  Then a /sbin/dhcpcd eth0 and I wait...and
wait...and wait...and then it dies.  Nothing, no messages, no eth0.  Is my
computer stupid, or is the hub st!