Re: Strange httpd/access_log entry

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 01:07:51PM -0400 or thereabouts, William Underwood wrote:
Hi William...haven't talked to you since the meeting..
> Inline....

sorry, I'll try, or maybe next time send as an attached txt file.

> >Can anyone help me out here...
> >
> >I found these entries, is someone trying to hack me?
> Yes, but don't worry, they're looking for an unpatched MS IIS server

Jerk

> >What is really weird is in a browser, if I type file://64.163.212.171/
> >I get the entire listing for my HD
> Is that your IP, or someone else's?  And is your client a Windows box, or Linux, or what?
No, that is a pacbell address invader... not, mine... I'm using RH 7.2

This guy ain't too smart.. I did a cursory nmap on him and found a lot
of ports open on him, including IRC.. a real no-no...

What I cannot figure out is how, in Mozilla, if I type in

file://64.163.212.171/

I get a entire HD listing of my HD..
--
Best regards,
Gary

Today's thought: Try to relax and enjoy the crisis.