Re: LPI

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, David Leathers wrote:

> Would you recommend a good book to study for the LPI certification for a beginner?

There isn't one that I'd just say "This is #1". Especially since not all
cover both levels, and we're getting ready to launch new updated Level 1
exams, so current texts will be obsolete.

I can say, however, do NOT use the Coriolis Exam Prep titles that say LPI
on them. They are NOT good.

O'Reilly's LPI in a nutshell is good. Osborne should have one out sometime
this year that won't be bad (i hope). HungryMinds/IDG/whoever bought them
now has a title out somewhere that should be good.

The best place to start is the published LPI objectives. Then, find your
weaknesses and look for materials that cover that. You can use the LPI
based prep books as a guideline, but there really isn't (and shouldn't be)
a book that tells you everything you need to know.

Director of Exam Development            http://www.lpi.org/