Re: USB printer in Red Hat 7.2

Have you updated all of the software using up2date or manually?  Red Hat 7.2 was broken for a number of USB printers (including mine) without some updates to (I think it was foomatic).

-----Original Message-----
From: David Leathers [mailto:daleathers@earthlink.net]
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 1:24 PM
To: SILUG
Subject: USB printer in Red Hat 7.2

I'm trying to set up a USB laser printer in RH 7.2.  Have been unable to do so yet.  I think this kernel (2.4.7) supports usb?  There are drivers for my printer included with RH for my printer but print.config-GUI just ignores me when I try to install it.  I'm using /dev/usb/lp0.  Has anyone ever done this in the past?  Or what else can I try?

Thanks