Re: Solaris Holy War (was emacs vs. vi holy war)

As some of you know, my Linux experience is rather limited.  My real world
(as in someone is making money from what I do) experience with Linux is
nil.  However, I do have real world experience with Solaris, and continue
to use it as my personal firewall OS choice (with IP Filter).  I freakin'
love it.

But, I'm still kind of old school-ish when it comes to GUIs and Unix, in
that I don't use one. I like the CLI so much, I dispense with the GUI
completely, which is why I REALLY dig the virtual consoles in Linux.  (And
yes, that means I use Winblows on my workstation, but I'm kinda stuck
there, as I share it with the wife and kids.  Mayhap I will build my own
dedicated Linux workstation this summer, we'll see...)

I have used both CDE and OpenWindows on Solaris, and preferred the CDE.
However, like someone else said, Solaris would be just about useless were
it not for SunFreeWare.com.

(Tighe, any Plextor SCSI CDROM drive is bootable on SPARC, as long as it is
on SCSI ID c0t0d6; I've got a 12x you can borrow, but I must have it back.)

William

William Underwood
wllmundrwd@netscape.net