Re: RedHat Beta (skipjack) -- FIVE CD's????? (fwd)

Oops, Charlie's Reply-To overrode the list Reply-To.  I really should
take the time to fix mutt so I can do "L"...

----- Forwarded message from Steven Pritchard <steve@silug.org> -----

Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 23:52:18 -0600
From: Steven Pritchard <steve@silug.org>
To: Charlie Brune <Charlie@bruneworld.tzo.com>
Subject: Re: RedHat Beta (skipjack) -- FIVE CD's?????

On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 06:25:39PM -0600, Charlie Brune wrote:
> Why so many CD's?  Is there lots of fun stuff, or what?

It looks like mostly the same stuff as 7.2...  I would imagine that
most of the extra disk is from the natural bloat of XFree86, KDE 3,
GNOME, Mozilla, etc.  It also looks like they're including a lot more
of what used to be in the powertools like postfix, openmotif, lots of
Perl modules, cups, etc., and totally new stuff like vsftpd.

> Don't get me wrong ... I love this stuff!  Maybe StarOffice 6.0 is included.

No OpenOffice, unfortunately.  They do have the latest koffice and
abiword though, I think.

I also kind of wish they'd include some more games.  Tuxracer is
great, but it only keeps you occupied so long.  :-)  All that 3D
support just seems like a waste without more to throw at it.