Re: emacs vs. vi

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002, Nate Reindl wrote:

> To those of you who know what I'm using (read the mail headers), bite me.

Sounds like you need to get some fetchmail on.  Oh, the days when APCI
gave out shell accounts.

> Vi owns.  Vim is nice because of teh pretty hilighting.

For the last time.  Pico (or nano).  I'll admit I miss the pretty
highlighing, but at least editing is not an exercise in context.

:)

> And, Tighe, doing Solaris upgrades with a 2x cdrom *has* to suck ass.  I
> mean... yeesh.

Have you ever installed MacOS?  Via localtalk?  Via localtalk to a Shiva
Fastpath that's connected to the campus backbone and the server you're
installing from is a Mac IIci?  It's amazing what you get reduced to when
you don't have an Apple blessed CDRom drive, it's 7pm and you really want
OS 7.5.5 on this system before you leave (note, you get it started and
then leave).

> Solaris is slime.

You'll find no arguement here from me.  Matter of fact, toss in SunOS
while you're at it.  And just for fun, toss in any version of IRIX pre
6.5.

Sean...

--
Believing I had supernatural powers, I slammed into a brick wall.
	--Paul Simon