Re: Solaris Holy War (was emacs vs. vi holy war)

You wanna talk about slow?  Try doing a jumpstart upgrade across a flaky
satelitte link!  Or using an external SCSI drive which adds errors about
every 4th block.  Or my personal favorite, RSR, Random System
Reconfiguration.  The nice way that the system will let you re-assign scsi
controller id's and alloted other things.  This is REALLY FREAKING NICE
when you try and do an upgrade and the cdrom is telling you that your disk
is not at c0t0d0s0, but is really located at c2t5d0s0.  You gotta LOVE
this stuff.  I am still here at work, got here at 10am this morning.
Tried to run the upgrades.  They aren't working.  Avoided stabbing
co-worker who is also here, twice.  Solaris isn't so bad as long as you
know what you are doing when you install it.  If an ape got ahold of that
machine before you did, wow are you ever screwed.  And now to end my rant,
All Hardware sucks, all Software sucks.  Thank you, thank you all.

TIghe

--
Tighe		w00t		blumnky
	"I am anger incarnate."