Re: The Revolution OS Documentary

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:

> > I'll TiVO it, and maybe we can watch it sometime at a LUG party.
>
> Wouldn't that necessarily be a "public performance" and not a "time-shifting"
> or personal "fair use" of such a device?
>
> The question is rhetorical for those who were asleep in class. :=)

While I rarely fell asleep in class, I did regularly space out, so I don't
recall those terms. However, I don't see the police busting the super bowl
parties, or the Dr's Offices with VCR's playing regularly licenced copies
of Disney Movies.

I don't think there are actual issues unless you're charging admission, or
seating people outside of your home.

Director of Exam Development            http://www.lpi.org/