From: Bob T. Kat [mailto:bobkat79@charter.net]
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 8:40 AM
To: silug-discuss@silug.org
Subject: Re: tweaking email

http://us.imdb.com/Quotes?0137523

Mark wrote:
> You sure it's authentication?  How do you know?  It could be that the
> /var/spool/mail/<user> could be large requiring qpopper to parse their
> entire INBOX every time they check their mail.
No, actually I'm still completely at a loss, but all of the users
completely remove all of their mail every time they pop, if your
referring to the size of /var/spool/mail/ the directory then I had
thought of that, but I would have thought that it would have shown up in
resource usage before user impedance, I don't see any usage spikes when
someone checks mail, and there are only 90 email boxes, I had been
toying around with the idea that maybe it had something to do with the
firewall, no such luck I still get the same thing outside the firewall,
thanks for all the comments, I'll continue to google the net until I
either figure this one out or find another job :)

Bob T. Kat

"With insomnia, you're never really asleep; you're never really awake."
		--Narrator, Fight Club--