Re: tweaking email

Hi Bob,

On Monday, December 17, 2001, 10:27 AM, you hammered out in part about
"tweaking email":

BTK> does anyone know of a good website with some ideas on tweaking postfix
BTK> and qpopper to be a little quicker

In what regard, postfix sends over 20 emails per second, pop accounts are
pretty much left to your ISP(s), or the pop accounts that you have. I
don't use qpopper, but fetchmail, procmail, and sendmail (small OEM
version included with postfix). I would suggest postfix.org, pick a
mirror.. then, there are listed several help / tweak areas. Might also
check Quailcom (not sure of spelling, but they make Eudora) for qpopper.
In the a.m., I usually download 500-600 emails from several pop accounts,
in a couple of minutes at most.

--

Best regards,
 Gary

Today's thought: Never argue with a man carrying a water buffalo.