Re: NIS or LDAP userid/password server?

NIS is great - if you know what you are doing.  As Rich once saw the
bastard network that was/is the multimedia center in the basement on the
Comm building - it works OK when confronted with a plethora of operating
systems (WindowsNT/Linux/Mac/Irix) but if all you have is Linux go with
LDAP, unless you like pain then go right ahead and get NIS running.

If you really want NIS and don't want the headache - feel free to hire me
*grin*