Re: posting to the list

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 06:45:04PM -0600 or thereabouts, Kara Pritchard wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Gary wrote:
>
> > > BTW, muttrc hooks are *really* cool.  We probably should talk about
> > > that, procmail, etc. at a future meeting.  (That is the single most
> > > important feature that finally convinced me to move to mutt from elm
> > > ME+.  Of course, it didn't hurt that mutt could open my mail folders
> > > in a *very* small fraction of the time that it took elm.)
> >
> > Mutt is elm or Pine on steroids... I have never found anything faster,
> > or more configurable. I have tried about 30 MUA in Linux, but always
> > wind up with Mutt. Would be happy to talk about procmail, etc, and the
> > finer aspects of Mutt.  One of my mboxes is 17GB mbox and Mutt gets it
> > in just a few seconds. <g>  Macros via key remapping is cool too.. I use
> > it to change editors, from vim to emacs, or send new mail by different
> > addresses, a 1000 things on the fly.  Have you looked into profiles...
> > you can have completely different profiles for each usergroup or
> > whatever... also Gnupg is fully supported the way it should be by having
> > complete PGP/MIME compliance, so your attachments are automatically
> > encrypted too. .. I'll shut up now <g>
> >
> Okay, I'm interested now. Are you volunteering for March? :-) :-)

Sure ... I will have the kinks out of RH on my Micron Laptop by then,
hee, hee.. ya right... (it has been a long time since I tried RH, and am
installing it this weekend)  I would love to.

> -Kara (who has 5,124 messages in her current inbox running un-procmailed
> pine)

you are in for a treat, and you just made your life so much easier. I go
through 500-600 pieces of mail every morning in about 15-20 minutes.
Procmail sorts it in 10 different mboxes for me, and it is inc'd to show
me new mail in each mbox, and automatically goes to each mbox. With
Mutt, your fingers really never leave home position, cept for an
occasional shift, ESC key, like VIM, etc.. My muttrc has great colors
for mutt in the GUI or console. Life is good.<g> BTW, procmail will
automatically disburse digest mail for you too.

--
Best regards,
Gary