Re: posting to the list

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 06:24:12PM -0600 or thereabouts, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 06:05:10PM -0600, Gary wrote:
> > Actually Steve, I should apologize to the list for forgetting to check
> > my email address before sending.  I usually have these as hooks in my

> It's not a big deal, really.  I figured out what happened.  Normally
> it wouldn't happen, since majordomo catches duplicate posts, but I'm
> guessing that you resent before I approved the first post, and the
> duplicate message checks didn't kick in because the first message was
> stalled.  Something like that anyway.

Yes, exactly what happened.

> BTW, muttrc hooks are *really* cool.  We probably should talk about
> that, procmail, etc. at a future meeting.  (That is the single most
> important feature that finally convinced me to move to mutt from elm
> ME+.  Of course, it didn't hurt that mutt could open my mail folders
> in a *very* small fraction of the time that it took elm.)

Mutt is elm or Pine on steroids... I have never found anything faster,
or more configurable. I have tried about 30 MUA in Linux, but always
wind up with Mutt. Would be happy to talk about procmail, etc, and the
finer aspects of Mutt.  One of my mboxes is 17GB mbox and Mutt gets it
in just a few seconds. <g>  Macros via key remapping is cool too.. I use
it to change editors, from vim to emacs, or send new mail by different
addresses, a 1000 things on the fly.  Have you looked into profiles...
you can have completely different profiles for each usergroup or
whatever... also Gnupg is fully supported the way it should be by having
complete PGP/MIME compliance, so your attachments are automatically
encrypted too. .. I'll shut up now <g>

--
Best regards,
Gary