Re: posting to the list

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 06:05:10PM -0600, Gary wrote:
> Actually Steve, I should apologize to the list for forgetting to check
> my email address before sending.  I usually have these as hooks in my
> muttrc, by discussion group, and then it automatically sets the From:
> for me, but I forgot to set this up for sliug... Sorry... double post
> was my fault, due to sending with another email address.

It's not a big deal, really.  I figured out what happened.  Normally
it wouldn't happen, since majordomo catches duplicate posts, but I'm
guessing that you resent before I approved the first post, and the
duplicate message checks didn't kick in because the first message was
stalled.  Something like that anyway.

I just wanted to send something to let everyone know that it wasn't
necessary to resend in such cases.  As usual, a change that was
intended to reduce confusion has created more...  Hopefully things are
a bit clearer now for everyone.

BTW, muttrc hooks are *really* cool.  We probably should talk about
that, procmail, etc. at a future meeting.  (That is the single most
important feature that finally convinced me to move to mutt from elm
ME+.  Of course, it didn't hurt that mutt could open my mail folders
in a *very* small fraction of the time that it took elm.)