Re: Tonight's meeting (Metro)

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 04:30:11PM -0600 or thereabouts, Tighe wrote:
> Ummm,
> 	I have a small problem right now and I won't be able to present
> tonight, I would recommend going directly to the beer and pizza.  I found
> out that my ulcers are back and that I need to stay here at the docs
> office so that he can run some tests.  This is the definition of the word,
> suck.  On the plus side, it will allow me to revamp my
> presentation/demonstration.  I am going from kernel network compilation to
> kernel compilation, with emphasis on networking.  Bleh, anyone ever had
> that barium crap?  Tastes like I am drinking chalk, blueberry flavored
> chalk.  Bleh.

Protein Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) are your friend... AcipHex, Prevacid,
Nexium, etc... about 3 months worth twice a day... <g>  I know many
people who have had barium swallows, etc.. It is not too bad. In my
opinion, the best thing would be for your doc to make a referral to a
gastroenterologist for an EGD study. The scope does wonders, and does
not hurt at all. They can determine the extent and severity of the
ulcer, and other things that might be going on,... and make a
determination for therapy.. (my brother is a GI doc)  <g>  I wish you
well Tighe..

--
Best regards,
Gary

Today's thought: With proper diet, rest, and exercise a healthy body
will last a lifetime.