Re: Monthly Meeting

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 03:23:12PM -0500, White, Larry wrote:
> Due to our association with SILUG I see our LUG is being herded down a path
> that is turning it into something it was never ment to be. Thus, I find I'm
> no longer interested in being a part of the group.

I'm sorry you feel that way, Larry.

> Therefore the December meeting will NOT be held at SRA as previously
> announced.

If you had paid attention, you might have noticed that a big part of
the problem was that nothing was *announced*, just decided by some
people at one meeting.  Contrast this to the decision to move to the
Library, which happened over several meetings, involved a discussion
on the mailing list, and was announced on the lists and the web site
well in advance.

> If there is a December meeting I believe it will be held at the
> O'Fallon Library.

Yes, there will be a December meeting at the Library.  In fact, it is
tomorrow.  This fact has been posted on the web site for a month now.

Thank you for proving the point that Kara, Jim, and others were trying
to make.  You lose interest, get your shorts in a bind, whatever, and
*poof* there goes the room at SRA.