Re: using a linux box in place of a novell server...

--- Casey Boone <cboone@clearwaveonline.net> wrote:
> > You can load NDS on Linux.  I did that once.  I got the
> > impression it was more for use as an LDAP server than
> > the Netware Administration tool most Novell users are
> > used to.  That is, the association of the user to a
home
> > directory (and other resources) was not readily obvious
> >(to me).
>
> know where i can find info on that?

Oops!  The Novell site
http://download.novell.com/sdMain.jsp
says "eDirectory for Solaris, Linux and Tru64 are
temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the
inconvenience."

> > There is also a Novell emulator.  I believe it emulates
> > NW4.1.  I started to load it but it requires
(required?)
> > the DOS emulator to be loaded first (yuk!).
> does it emulate nw or is it nw running on top of the dos
> emu?

Here's a link for Netware running on Linux rather than DOS.
http://www.calderasystems.com/products/netware/
Here's the [free] one I was talking about:
http://www.compu-art.de/mars_nwe/