Performance tuning MySQL

Hi all,
	I was wondering if anyone had some tips or hints about performance
tuning a MySQL database.  This is going to be a piece of our IDS system
here in teh office so it looks like it is going to be hit pretty hard.  Is
there anything on the software side that can be done for some performance
improvements?  Just wondering.

TIghe

--
Tighe Schlottog		Sys Admin at large	  /emry\"@"/accessus.net\