Re: Dell stops offering Red Hat on desktops

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Steven Pritchard wrote:

> Schools:  School administrators generally suffer from the "nobody ever
> got fired for buying M$" syndrome.  Whether it is through community
> pressure, legislation, or whatever, they need to be convinced that
> they wasting taxpayer money on Microsoft garbage is a Bad Thing.
>
> BTW, I have seen a high school simply convinced that Linux is a Good
> Thing.  That high school has the most successful computer program that
> I have ever seen.  They're lucky they had such a good bunch of
> students...

That wouldn't have anything to do with being lucky having great outside
support individuals too, would it? ;-P

Author, RHCE Exam Cram
Director of Exam Development            http://www.lpi.org/
Site Manager                            http://www.LinuxUsersGroups.org/