Re: Dell stops offering Red Hat on desktops

I agree, Dell was hedging their bets, in case Linux on the desktop became
something... and thus did not want to be left behind.

I believe Dell truly wants to be the AOL of the desktop HW company, thus
appealing to the mass market.

In that market Linux is not there yet. And if Dell is going to 'wait'
instead of making it happen, sure in that environment this is a slam dunk.

Steve, what we need from community leaders is a thoughtful discussion as
to what is necessary to make Linux become accepted in the mass market. One
market at a time. Gaming, Schools, financials, database front ends,
etc. etc.

What are the hurdles to be overcome?

We do need to be heard in the press, otherwise the pro-MS lackeys will
drown out everyone in the main media.

TonyZ

--
Tony Zafiropoulos