Re: Diskless Linux

KoReE said:
> These seem a bit pricey for the size.  I don't need that much size,
> either.  16 MBs or even 8 would probably do for what I'm wanting to
> do.  Know of anything closer to that size with a price in the 50 dollar
> range?

I was just trying to point out that IDE flash drives exist.  Here's
somebody selling a 32MB one for $73:

    http://www.c-source.com/csource/newsite/itechnote.asp?part_no=006090

Search PriceWatch or your favorite shopping site for "flashdrive" or
"ide flash"...  Google comes up with some interesting links too.

If you can boot off USB, this would be kinda cool too:

    http://www.thumbdrive.com/

(http://www.esbuy.com/usbpocketdrive.html has a 16MB version for $40.)

For that matter, you could always do a USB compact flash reader if you
can boot off USB...