up2date etc...

Hello all,

Just a question about keeping a RedHat system up to date.  Can anyone
point me to a simple explaination of how to update the kernal?  I just
installed RedHat 7.0 and I want to update/install the last 2.2 kernal
for RedHat 7.  I don't need a lot of hand holding, just some basic
outline of what to do.

Also, does up2date work with any site other than RedHat's?  For
example, can I point the up2date program at the SILUG site and have it
work with the mirror there?  If not, what about the new ximian update
agent called Red Carpet?  Can I point that someplace (SILUG.ORG) and
get my RedHat & Helix/Ximian installations updated?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

jburke.

=====