Re: SuSE

On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, Chester wrote:

> How do you pronounce SuSE?  What does it stand for?

It is German, so in German it is pronounced [zuhzeh].

The S sounds like an English Z in german.

FYI, VW is pronounced [FowVeh]

USA is Vereinigten Staaten auf America.

This is the German list :), right?

Forgive me, but I was born in Germany.

> (I have ordered SuSE 7.1 with the 2.4 kernel and it is
> being shipped.)

I bought it at Best Buy last week. Professional $49.99. 7 CD's and a DVD.

Very nice distro. You can install both 2.2.18 and 2.4.0 kernel at same
time and select the kernel to boot.  Also KDE2.1 rocks.... very clear.

Everything was recognized on my notebook. With RH6.2 I had to tinker
with the sound and PCMCIA IRQ settings.

I am sure I will find something wrong, but haven't yet.

Tony

--
Tony Zafiropoulos
CTiTEK, Inc.