Linux/mips64 on 64 node, 128p, 64G machine (fwd)

In case anyone is looking for a little hardware upgrade...  :-)

----- Forwarded message from Kanoj Sarcar -----

From: Kanoj Sarcar <kanoj@google.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Linux/mips64 on 64 node, 128p, 64G machine
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Date: 	Fri, 2 Mar 2001 00:28:16 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Just a quick note to mention that I was successful in booting up a
64 node, 128p, 64G mips64 machine on a 2.4.1 based kernel. To be able
to handle the amount of io devices connected, I had to make some
fixes in the arch/mips64 code. And a few to handle 128 cpus.

A couple of generic patches needed to be made on top of 2.4.1
(obviously, the prime one was that NR_CPUS had to be bumped to 128).
I will clean the patches up and send them in to Linus.

For some output, visit

    http://oss.sgi.com/projects/LinuxScalability/download/mips128.out

I ommitted the bootup messages, since they are similar (just a lot
longer!) to the 32p bootup messages at

    http://oss.sgi.com/projects/LinuxScalability/download/mips64.out

Kanoj