Re: Did you know ...

Tighe wrote:

> Ummm . . . you might want to make that a umask=077 so that only the
> mounted owner can write to it.  You might also want to make that a noexec
> instead of exec for security also.  Is this a home system or a multiuser
> system?

both the machines I implemented this on are "single" user systems (a
laptop and my desktop at work).  By "single" user I don't mean runlevel
1, I mean they are not accepting connections from other machines (and
nobody else in our internal network would have a clue on how to make a
connection - not yet anyway), so I am the only person using these two
machines at any given time.

I will, however, be needing to implement this on our LTSP server with
"local apps" enabled.  Therefore, before I do that I will need to
research security issues of "umask" (and also exec vs. noexec).

Thanks for the tip.

jburke.