SILUG: Wednesday, 9/2/2009 Metro East meeting

The next St. Louis Metro East meeting of the Southern Illinois Linux
Users Group is scheduled for Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at the
Computer Room at 3720 Green Mount Crossing Drive in Shiloh.  As usual,
the meeting is at 7 PM.

I thought we might talk a bit more about Linux smartphones at the next
meeting, and then I realized we could probably stretch this topic over
the next two meetings.  :-)

So, for this Wednesday's meeting, I thought we'd go over what the state
of the art in Linux smartphones is.  Obviously, I've got a Pre, so I can
get into WebOS a bit.  (And since the last meeting, I've put it into
developer mode and poked at it a bit.  Also, on that note, if any of you
with a Pre want your phone set up to install homebrew apps from
precentral.net, just bring your phone along...  It'll take one reboot
and a minute or so per phone.)

Do any of you have an Android phone?  OpenMoko?  If not, I'll have to
set up emulators...

At the next Saturday meeting (9/19), I want to get more into the
programming end of things.  Development environments, emulators as a
test platform, building packages, etc.  If any of you have any
experience with programming any of these devices, your assistance
would be most appreciated.

See you on Wednesday for part 1...

(618)624-4440             | See web site for meeting details.