SILUG: Second monthly Metro East meeting - Saturday, 7/19/2008

The second monthly Metro East SILUG meeting for this month will be
this Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 4PM.  As usual, the meeting will be at
the Computer Room location at 3720 Green Mount Crossing Drive in
Shiloh.

For this meeting, we'll discuss Git (http://git.or.cz/), which is a
software version control system, but first we're going to watch a
couple of videos, both of talks at Google.  The first is Linus
Torvalds talking about the design goals of Git.  The second is Randal
Schwartz talking about using Git.

These talks are both available on Google Video and YouTube, so if you
are interested, and want to watch the talks ahead of time, by all
means do so.  (I can get you URLs if you want.  Just ask.)  Feel free
to make notes of specific points you want to discuss.  Or just show up
unprepared.  Whatever makes you happy.  :-)

This topic should be interesting to any programmers you might know, so
please spread the word.  It would be great to get a large group in for
this meeting...

(618)624-4440             | See web site for meeting details.